2/22/11

Home Sweet Home

I've been wanting to start this blog for a long time, and here I am. I am finally doing it. I'm glad you stopped by to have a peek.

I guess I'll start with photos of our current house.  It was built in 1962, and is a classic 1-level ranch style brick home with a finished basement. It's in a great little neighborhood, about 10 miles south of Washington DC. We love the 'burbs.

In our 7 years of wedded bliss we have lived in 5 different homes. We tried to really transform each one, tried to make it reflect our style, and make it feel like home.

 It's amazing what a few simple changes can do...

As you can see, we removed the wall paper borders, painted over the gold faux-finish on the walls, replaced cabinet hardware and light fixtures. We also put in new countertops and replaced the backsplash with clean white subway tile.  Much cuter.



No comments:

Post a Comment