3/11/11

Mid-century chair

This is a chair I thrifted when I was in college. (I think I paid about $10 for it)
It's a great mid-century piece, which I didn't know at the time, I just liked it.
I loved it's clean lines and I knew it would be easy to recover because of the simple shape.  I remember that my roomates hated the mustard yellow color, and were less than enthusiastic when I brought it home.  I acutally liked the pattern and color of the fabric although it was a little dingy.
The chair went through several versions of fabric coverings over the last 13 years, and this time it got some real upholstery fabric.  This fabric, from IKEA, was about $8 a yard, and it only took about 2 yards. It was a simple staple job, and I added some new foam to the seat because the springs were practically sticking out.  It came out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment