Everyone loves a good rocker. But the problem with most of them is that they're just so... ugly. I couldn't bring myself to getting one of those brown monoliths which would take up half my room and be a real eye sore.
But...I really wanted one to put in the baby room. I mean, Leo is past that stage, but I knew that I needed to get one before baby #2 comes along. (It would be so great for those sleepless nights the first few months!)
So I've been hunting for one I could get cheap, and recover. Sadly, the thrift stores here in the DC area are really lacking in the furniture department. But then I visited 'ReStore'... which is a great thrift store owned by Habitat for Humanity. That's where I found this lovely little gem for just 20 bucks. Sweet! Don't you just love that 'Dusty Rose' color? (If you were alive in the 80s, you will remember it well)
I knew that I didn't have the upholstery skills to recover this thing for real, so I opted for a fitted slipcover that I sewed together then stapled down over the original fabric. I simply measured each section of the chair, cut out rectangles of fabric in those sizes, then pin-fit it all together. It was actually pretty easy, and took me about a day to do.
It's super comfy, and I love the new cover, which is made from a silvery/gray corduroy.

No comments:
Post a Comment