And then I found this- a DIY kit for installing glass panels into your door. They specialize in window styles appropriate for matching the style/era of your house. Perfect! I found this one, that is just right for our little 1962 Ranch. I love it!
Was it scary to cut three huge holes into my front door. YES! But it turned out great. I love the way it transforms the front of the house.
I just removed the storm door too. I still need to patch and paint all the trim. I'll post another photo once I get that finished up...
Here's what those 3 big holes looked like:
Lest we forget, let's take a look at how this entry started out. The country blue color is now gone. I switched the black carriage-style light for something cooler. I took down the ceramic tile address numbers (with the golf motif), and painted over the blue flowers on the mailbox. And of course, now the door has windows. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment