I envisioned it either red (for a boy) or hot pink (for a girl). Of course, we didn't know Leo's gender until he was born so I wasn't able to paint it beforehand. And having a newborn, well, that didn't give me a lot of time for DIY projects...
So here we are. Leo is now 18 months old, and I have been tweaking his room... trying to transform it from a baby room to a little boy's room.
I finally painted this chair red. I used my favorite spray paint (it has the best coverage ever), and the color is "apple red". It never ceases to amaze me how something can be completely transformed with just a coat of paint. Wow.
Now that the chair is a new color I decided to remake the cushions that my mom had made for it. (they were a nice pale green, but I wanted something with more color) I used this fun fabric I bought at IKEA several years ago. It's such a cheerful fabric, and I love it against the red chair.
I think the new and improved chair looks great with the flags
over Leo's bed. (I made them for his 1st birthday party)
over Leo's bed. (I made them for his 1st birthday party)
Very cute! Love the bright color
ReplyDelete